Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Good news!

Cliff Chiang's Wonder Woman
I got my scan results today and despite the hip pain, despite my fear, my cancer is looking stable, which is excellent news!

It seems a bit strange, I suspect, to people not dealing with cancer like this, because basically my scans told them I have cancer in a number of bones, but it's the same cancer in the same bones and not cancer spreading to new places.  It's not in new bones and it's not in my organs, so that's very, very good news.  Cancer gone would be nice, but stable is the name of the game and stable I am!

I'm thanking God tonight, that's for sure!

I was thankful to get more injections and be able to continue getting the injections.  Thankful to look at the paltry number of steps I've gotten in today and plan to go out when the heat abates to try and sweat through to 10,000 steps for another day.  Thankful to set my alarm to wake up and go to work and not  have to plan to add chemo to my schedule.  Thankful to take a little Advil for the hip thing since I'm no longer wondering if I'll need to stay off blood thinners so they can insert another port for infusions.

I'm sure I'll be back to complaining soon enough, but it would really take some doing to bring me down tonight, that's for sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment