Thursday, July 16, 2015

A small piece of good news

To go with all the uncertanty about Ibrance and my neutrophils, I did get a small piece of good news Tuesday (sorry I didn't get it online faster!)--I got back my tumor marker number from Friday's blood draw and (drumroll...) it's a little lower than it was a month ago!

It's been going up steadily at least since April, but the July number is back to where it was in May:



These things tend to fluctuate, so the scans in August and more tumor markers to (hopefully!) show a downward trend (and not just point) will be more meaningful.  But any trend has to start somewhere, right?

It may be a trend or it may be a blip, but at least it's a relief and I'm going to enjoy it!

Next up?  More blood tests to see if those neutrophils can be peer pressured into going the right way, too (come on, neutrophils, all the cool kids are trending the right way, what's the matter? won't your mommy let you....).


2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your Blog and am really enjoying your insights. I am in a similar situation as you - Stage IV BC, bone mets. On Ibrance & Letrazole since March, 2015. It is a roller coaster of good/bad news, but I am grateful to be able to take an all-oral regimen. And overall it DOES seem to be working. Thanks for writing Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I agree that the pills are a lot better than hours in the infusion room. Glad to hear it seems to be working for you, hope we both get a good long run on this combo!

      Delete