Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A little better, a little motivation

Just a quick post this morning (getting ready for work and all) to say that with the weekend off, the sores are getting better and certainly more tolerable.  Thank goodness.

My diet has expanded beyond eggs and porridge and the pain is now situational rather than constant.  Such a relief!

I started back on the Afinitor Monday night (she said to do that when they were getting better rather than when they were gone).  So far still healing.  Fingers crossed that this continues!

Yesterday I also got back the results of my Ca27-29 tumor markers from my 2-weeks-on-Afinitor appointment and--surprise!--they were a nice steady 120!  That's basically the same as they were a little over a month ago when I stopped the Ibrance, had the 3 1/2 weeks off, and just 2 weeks of Afinitor under my belt.  I had expected them to go up with all of that and steady is always good, so I'm happy.  It may even make the mouth sores all worthwhile.

Hope it's the beginning of some good work from Afinitor!

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kate! I am always amazed by your strength and positive outlook! I am happy to hear the sores are more tolerable. Happy Wednesday to you! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news that your mouth is feeling better and that you have more food choices. Have a happy weekend! (Auto correct suggested werkend - which, though humorously misspelled, is probably not likely for a mom!)
    Hugs ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha, mouthsores did get better but I'm adding a new post today, moving on to Xeloda. Love your autocorrect :)

      Delete
  3. Came across your blog while researching side effects of ibrance for my mom. She has stage 4 breast cancer too, ER+ HER2- just like you. Shes been going through it many years as it reoccured in 2009 but shes fighting. She just started Ibrance for a week but her wbc were very low (1500) even with the neulasta injection so now shes off it hoping to get back on soon again. Your blog is great, i love the reference to your chemo's as boyfriends. It helps to add some humor in this horrible disease.
    I hope your side effects to Affinator are manageable and you're doing well. I look forward to reading your future post. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anon, I'm glad it's helpful, best wishes to you Mom, hope Ibrance works terrifically for her!

      Delete